- This event has passed.
Engineers Newsletter LIVE! – Requirements and Application of Airside and Waterside Economizers
October 16, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDTFree
This ENL will review airside and waterside economizers and discuss economizing advantages, drawbacks and considerations when using one versus the other. We’ll also discuss economizer requirements in ASHRAE Standard 90.1 and discuss exceptions.
Presenters: Susanna Hanson, Dustin Meredith and Eric Sturm, Trane applications engineers
After attending you’ll be able to:
- Identify standards and code requirements for air- and waterside economizers
- Summarize the difference between air economizer control techniques
- Understand how to apply airside economizers with dedicated outdoor air systems
- Understand how to develop waterside economizer control algorithms
- Summarize economizing options available for various system types
Apply alternatives to economizing while complying with standards and codes