Eastern Kentucky’s Rowan County School District consists of seven education buildings totaling almost 400,000 square feet of space. The Rowan County School system has a long history of quality education and graduating excellent students and strives to have facilities that help students excel.
- In need of excessive HVAC repairs
- High utility costs at Rowan County Senior High School
- Concerns with HVAC reliability
- Comfort complaints from staff and students
- Inadequate bonding capacity to fund the needed improvements
- The school district entered into a performance contract, which allows school districts to apply guaranteed savings to fund facility improvements over a period of time.
- Harshaw Trane addressed deteriorating facilities and provided a single point of responsibility,
- Integrated all new systems into a common building automation system.
- Replaced HVAC system at Rowan County High School
- Installed lighting retrofits throughout the district.
- A building automation system was installed and HVAC maintenance and reliability issues were addressed at the High School
- Improved comfort in the schools
- Reduced energy costs
- A web-based energy management system on a common platform and highly improved indoor air quality (IAQ)
- The district saw reduced energy bills and called this project the smoothest, most successful project in the past 22 years.
Special Features at Rowan County High School:
- High Efficiency water-cooled Chillers
- High efficiency Hot Water Boilers
- Dedicated Heat Recovery Chiller
- Outside Air for free Cooling
- Energy Performance Monitoring Program
- Dynamic Air Cleaner Filtration System
- Variable Air Volume Airside System
- Variable Speed Pumping
- Web-based Digital Controls
- $154,709 guaranteed annual savings
- Lighting retrofit
- Minimal disruption
- 20-Year PACT™ performance guarantee
- Sustainability program to ensure building efficiency