Calloway County school district saved on energy costs allowing dollars to funnel back into students’ education while also providing a comfortable and adequate learning environment with lighting upgrades.
- Cost – A challenging economy, skyrocketing energy costs and limited budget stood in the way of improved lighting for students and educators.
- Inadequate Attempt – A prior lighting retrofit failed to meet the Kentucky Department of Education’s measured standards.
- Aged Lighting – Gymnasium lighting used loud-buzzing, inefficient technology which required a 20 minute on/off cycle time, while exterior lamps were color-shifting, putting out low lumen, and discoloring lenses.
- Conserve Energy – Reduce energy usage and maintenance costs.
- Created a unique solution for each buildings’ lighting issues after a thorough audit.
- Negotiated a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty for the district’s new LED luminaires up from a one-year warranty.
- Installed LED lights and lighting controls with occupancy sensors to reduce energy usage throughout the district, as well as:
- Three elementary schools received a unique lighting design which increased the maintenance cycle of each fixture, met the state’s lighting standards, and reduced energy usage.
- Gymnasiums received new fluorescent technology that utilized occupancy sensors to harvest savings.
- Upgraded exterior lights increased light levels, extended maintenance cycles, and decreased energy consumption.
- 10 different buildings received vital lighting upgrades, including several schools.
- The learning environment is now comfortable and conducive to each student’s education while saving energy costs.
- Significant reduction in energy consumption and maintenance costs.
- Greater lighting control to increase savings.
- School grounds are safer thanks to improved outdoor lighting and better visual awareness.